Director of Video
Our client is seeking a full-time Director of Video. The Director of Video reports to the SVP, Marketing and is responsible for the creative direction of all video products for our client.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. Loupe and Grain is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone.
From managing the team to overseeing editing and production, this position will establish the vision for, and have a hand in, all video content produced by our client. The Director of Video is tasked with meeting the increasing video needs across the organization and managing the team and workload accordingly.
- Provide creative and editorial direction for all videos, with an eye toward being part of the news cycle and responding accordingly
- Enhance the storytelling capabilities of the organization through video including directing staff, freelancers, and projects
- Possess a strong understanding of the digital video landscape, including the latest techniques for growing audience, distribution strategy and effectively shooting quality video at a reasonable cost. This should include ideas for producing multi-format video for all audiences: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and more
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of, and experience with, virtual event technology in order to support the team in producing virtual events
- Along with SVP, Marketing, manage video project requests and help establish project timelines
- Work to streamline our clients’ editing and shooting process to create an efficient and seamless process from the beginning of a project to completion
- Develop innovative and creative opportunities to distribute video assets
- Directly manage employees, including, when applicable, interviewing, hiring, conducting performance reviews, coaching, motivating, and disciplining
- Manage and support our client’s DEI goals and initiatives
- Support the day-to-day management of the department through activities like reporting, training, technology solutions and other operational support
- Manage department budget, invoicing, contracting, annual and monthly department subscriptions and negotiations
- Edit, film and create product as appropriate and needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Portfolio of work showing desired client work
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required with a minimum of 10 years in a video production position. Strong portfolio of video projects from concept to completion
- Experience filming on location
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), and social media
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe PhotoShop, After Effects, Illustrator and Apple software and products
- Knowledge of, and experience with, non-linear video editing systems
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- At least five years of experience managing people
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires frequent evening and weekend work to respond to breaking news
- Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice, should be expected
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ+ rights required
Submit your resume to our agency to be considered for this position.